Temples in the Census Directions
Directions for using TEMPLES in the CENSUS
How to read each column:
line # line number of the listed TEMPLE
WITH A PREFIX
Ref # reference number
an "F" alone indicates the person in column C is from a line whose progenitor is foreign born.
a * indicates the person in column c is listed as a "TEMPLES."
1. no prefix - from "The Rise of the Temples" by A.R. Temple and D. D. Smith. (More about "The Rise of the Temples.") (See Correlation of reference numbers in "Rise of the Temples" vs. "Some Temple Pedigrees.")
2. "W" prefix - descendants of Wm Temple who m. Rebecca Tatum.
3. "J" prefix - descendants of Thomas Temple who m. Sarah Wright from "Temple McNulty Genealogy" by Ethel Temple Jensen. (More about "Temple McNulty Genealogy")
4. "N" prefix - descendants of Needham Temple.
5. "S" prefix - descendants of Thomas Fairly Temple of Bradley Co. AR.
6. "SC" prefix - descendants of Edgemont SC Temples.
7. "U" prefix - a Temple from an unknown line.
8. "F" prefix - a Temple from an unknown line whose progenitor was foreign born.
WITH A SUFFIX
1. "W" suffix indicates wife of the person with that reference number.
2. "F" suffix indicates father of the person with that reference number.
3. "i" suffix indicates child of the person with that reference number.
4. "ii" suffix indicates grandchild of the person with that reference number. (iii g grandchild, iiii gg grandchild..etc..)
5. "-1", or "-2",.etc.,.indicates male offspring of the person with that reference number.
Given Name head of the household or a Temple living with another family.
Year year that the census was taken
State state of census
Township township, town, or city
Page page number that is shown in various places on early census sheets Blank Census Forms
Family Size gives the number of male & female occupants. To determine ages of each, refer to the provided blank pages of each census
Return to Directions for Using and Understanding the Tables
Return to TEMPLES in the Census Home
Return to Table of Contents