- Footnote: Abbe, Cleveland and Josephine Genung Nichols, Abbe-Abbey Genealogy - In Memory Of John Abbe And His Descendants (The Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor Company, New Haven, CT, 1916)
- Footnote: Sittler, Marvin, Sittler Index of Surnames for which Information has been Abstracted from The Lincoln, Nebraska, State Journal, May 1873-Dec 31 1899 (The Lincoln-Lancaster County Genealogical Society, Lincoln, NE, 1984)
- Footnote: Whitmore, W.H., An Account of the Temple Family With Notes and Pedigree of the Family Bowdoin (Button and Wentworth, Boston, 1856)
- Footnote: Adams, Andrew N., Comp., A Genealogical History of Henry Adams of Braintree, Mass., and His Descendants; also John Adams of Cambridge Mass., 1632-1897 (The Tuttle Company, Printers, Rutland, VT, 1898)
- Footnote: Adcock, Robert McClane, Adcock Kinfolks II (Pelican Press, St. Petersburg, FL, 1981)
- Footnote: Patterson, Naomi Louise Addington and Mary Jane Edwards, Comps., Addington, a directory of the descendants of Henry and Sarah Addington of Union County, South Carolina (Heritage Books, Inc., Bowie, MD, 1989)
- Footnote: Lindsey, Veda Addington, comp., Addington - The Family of Henry and Sarah Addington beginning in Buck County, Pennsylvania (Henington Publishing Company, Wolfe City, TX, 1996)
- Footnote: Cash, William Bailey, The Aderhold(t) Collection - The Life, Times and Descendants of The German-American Patriot (Privately published, Denver, CO, 1997)
- Footnote: Barrett, John, United States Minister to Siam 1894-1898, special war correspondent with Admiral Dewey at Manila, May 1898 to March 1899., Admiral George Dewey (Harper & Brothers, 1899)
- Footnote: Relf, Martha Gardner, An affidavit sworn before a notary on corrections to the book, Some Temple Pedigrees, by Levi Temple. (Green Co., WI, 27 Dec 1934)Text: "I reside at Monroe, Green County, Wisconsin. I am a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, National Number 73178. I was born in 1850; the daughter of Silas E. Gardner and Maria Dinwiddie Harrison Gardner.
The said Silas E. Gardner was the son of Silas Gardner and Huldah Temple (Humes) Gardner.
The said Huldah Temple (Humes) Gardner was the daughter of Elijah Temple and his wife Abigail, of Westmoreland, New Hampshire; who is the same identical Elijah Temple named on page 27 of "Some Temple Pedigrees," by Levi Daniel Temple (1900).
The Huldah Temple referred to on the same page and book is identical with my grandmother Huldah Temple (Humes) Gardner, hereinbefore referred to, who lived many years in Monroe, Wisconsin, and there died March 22, 1850.
The Huldah listed on page 45 of the said book as the daughter of Jonas, and the information about her there given, is erroneous, and should appertain to the Huldah listed on page 27, as the daughter of Elijah Temple, all as hereinbefore set out.
In addition to the information there given, affiant further states:
The full name of the said Huldah's first husband was Samuel Murry Humes.
Their daughter Almira Humes was born in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, April 5, 1806. See Supplemental D.A.R. Lineage, Helen Bingham Miller, # 240747 (Ancestor, Jesse Churchill).
The George S. Gardner mentioned on page 43 of the said Temple Genealogy, should be Silas E. Gardner.
To my knowledge the Naomi and Abigail Temples referred to on page 27 of the said Temple Genealogy were sisters of my Grandmother Huldah.
The George Temple listed as # 124 of the said Genealogy, was not a brother of the said Huldah as therein stated, but was, in fact, her first cousin, as I know from personal acquaintance with him.
- Footnote: George Aldrich Genealogy
- Footnote: Alexandria Gazette Newspaper
- Footnote: Allen, Joseph, Genealogical Sketches of the Allen Family of Medfield (Nichols and Noyes, Boston, MA, 1869)
- Footnote: Miller, Norma Carter and George Lane Miller, Allens of the Southern States (Gateway Press, Inc., Baltimore, MD, 1989)
- Footnote: Wicker, Richard Fenton, Jr., The Allen Family of England, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas and Illinois, 1600-1995 (Gateway Press, Inc., Baltimore, MD, 1995)
- Footnote: Dunn, Doris Allen O'Neal, Allen and Allied Families (A Press, Inc., Greenville, SC, 1978)
- Footnote: Groves, Joseph A., The Alstons and Allstons of North and South Carolina Compiled From English, Colonial and Family Records (The Franklin Printing and Publishing Company, Atlanta, GA, 1901)
- Footnote: Strey, Vernon W., Descendants of Johann Gotthulf Altwein and Wilhlmine Quant (Quandt) 1801-1994 (Privately published, Austin, TX, 1994)
- Footnote: M.I.T. Alumni Register (Alumni Association of MIT, Cambridge, MA, 1955)
- Footnote: 2000 Alumni Directory (Bernard C. Harris Publsihing Company, White Plains, NY, 2000)
- Footnote: Records of the cited school's alumni association
- Footnote: Hughes, Thomas P., American Ancestry: Giving the Name and Descent, in the Male Line, of Americans Whose Ancestors Settled in the United States Previous to the Declaration of Independence, A.D. 1776 (Joel Munsell's Sons, Albany, NY, 1887)
- Footnote: The American Genealogist (New Haven, CT)
- Footnote: American Men and Women of Science - A Biographical Dictionary of Today's Leaders in Physical, Biological and Related Sciences (R.R. Bowker, New Providence, NJ, 1998)
- Footnote: Garraty, John A. and Mark C. Carnes, eds., American National Biography (Oxford University Press, New York, 1999)
- Footnote: Finnell, Arthur Louis, The Order of Americans of Armorial Ancestry Lineage of Members (Genealogical Publishing Company, Baltimore, MD, 1997)
- Footnote: Ancestor Charts of Members (Illinois State Genealogical Society, Lincoln, IL)
- Footnote: Roberts, Gary Boyd, Ancestors of the American Presidents, 1st Authorized Edition (New England Historic Genealogy Society, through Carl Boyer III, Santa Clara, CA, 1995.)
- Footnote: Roberts, Gary Boyd, Ancestors of American Presidents, Preliminary Edition (New England Historic Genealogy Society, through Carl Boyer III, Santa Clara, CA, 1989)
- Footnote: Boyer, Carl III, Ancestral Lines - 144 Families in England, Germany, New England, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania (Newhall, CA, 1975)
- Footnote: Ancestral Records And Portraits - A Compilation From The Archives Of Chapter I., The Colonial Dames Of America (The Grafton Press, New York, NY, 1910)
- Footnote: Data from shared Ancestry DNA Family Tree
- Footnote: Ancestry Public Trees
- Footnote: Family web pages
- Footnote: Anderson, James K., Tributaries and Rivulets: A Genealogic Review of My Anderson and Kerr Families (Privately published)
- Footnote: Anderson, W.P., Anderson - Overton -- A Continuation Of Anderson Family Records Published 1936 And The Early Descendants Of Wm. Overton & Elizabeth Waters Of Virginia, And Allied Families (Gibson and Perin Co., Cincinnati, OH, 1945)
- Footnote: McIntyre, Robert Harry, Annapolis Maryland Families (Gateway Press, Inc., Baltimore, MD, 1979)
- Footnote: Currier, John McNab, Genealogy of David Annis of Hopkinton, NH, His Ancestors and Descendants (Newport, VT, 1909)
- Footnote: The Appleland Bulletin - Quarterly Journal of the Genealogical Society of North Central Washington (Genealogical Society of North Central Washington, Wenatchee, WA)
- Footnote: Application filed in Baltimore County, MD, with Minister's certificate. Photocopy of original record.
- Footnote: Brantley, J. Kenneth, The Matilda Archer Story - Archer Genealogy (Privately published, Powder Springs, GA, 1986)
- Footnote: Thomas, David Yancey, Ed., Arkansas and Its People - A History, 1541-1930 (The American Historical Society, Inc., New York, NY, 1930)
- Footnote: The Arkansas Family Historian, Quarterly Publication of the Arkansas Genealogical Society (Hot Springs, AR)
- Footnote: Carroll, Mrs. Silas, Arkansas Genealogical Records (Privately published, undated)
- Footnote: Morgan, James Logan, Arkansas Newspaper Index, 1819-1845 - Index to Obituaries, Biographical Notes and Probate and Chancery Notices from Arkansas Newspapers, 1819-1845 (Morgan Books, Newport, AR, 1981)
- Footnote: Clark, Mrs. Larry P., Comp., Arkansas Pioneers and Related Families (Little Rock, AR, 1976)
- Footnote: Descendants of William Armistead of Virginia (Hauk Data Services, Huntington, IN, 1998)
- Footnote: MacIvor, Hazel Arnold, Some Ancestors and Descendants of Benjamin Arnold of King William's County, Virginia, and Greenville, South Carolina (The Arnold Family Association of the South, Lake Orion, MI, 1974)
- Footnote: Trowbridge, Francis B., The Ashley Genealogy - A History of the Descendants of Robert Ashley of Springfield, Massachusetts (Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor, New Haven, CT, 1896)
- Footnote: Esposito, Brig. Gen. Vincent J., Ed., The West Point Atlas of American Wars (Praeger Publishers, New York, NY, 1972.)
- Footnote: Augur, Edwin P., Family History and Genealogy of the Descendants of Robert Augur of New Haven Colony (Press of Pelton and King, Middletown, CT, 1904)
- Footnote: Baker, Maude Conrad, Genealogical Record of Robert Austin and his Lineal Descendants (Maude Conrad Baker, 1928)
- Footnote: Austin, Jeannette Holland, The Austin Collection, in 2 volumes (1990)
- Footnote: Moore, Edith Austin, A Genealogy of the Descendants of Robert Austin of Kingstown, RI (Privately published, St. Petersburg, FL, 1951)
- Footnote: Moore, Edith Austin, A Genealogy of the Descendants of Robert Austin of Kingstown, RI (Privately published, St. Petersburg, FL, 1993)
- Footnote: Vinson, Charlene, Genealogical Abstracts from The Autauga Citizen, 1853 (Heritage Books, Inc., Bowie, MD, 2000)
- Footnote: Autograph book of cited individual.
- Footnote: Bundy, V. Mayo and Robert Autry Brooks, Benjamin Lyman, b 6 May 1799 Hartford, NY, son of Benjamin and Polly Temple Lyman. Descendants of Cornelius Autry, Immigrant, of Edgecombe County, North Carolina, Neil Culbreth of Sampson County, North Carolina, and Allied Families (Herb Eaton Historical Publications, Charlotte, NC, 1996)
- Footnote: Bundy, V. Mayo and Robert Autry Brooks, The Descendants of Cornelius Autry, Immigrant, of Edgecombe County, North Carolina, Neil Culbreth of Sampson County, North carolina, And Allied Families (Herb Eaton Historical Publications, Charlotte, NC, 1996)
- Footnote: Auxier, Dave, and Judith Tickel Need, The Auxier Family, Second Edition (Privately published, Memphis, TN, 2000)
- Footnote: Sweet, Homer Delois, The Averys of Groton - Genealogical and Biographical (Rice-Taylor Printing Co., Syracuse, NY, 1894)
- Footnote: Avery, Elroy McKendree and Catharine Hitchcock (Tilden) Avery, The Groton Avery Clan (Privately published, Cleveland, OH, 1912)
- Footnote: Genealogy of the Descendants of William Isaac Avery Prepared for the Avery Reunion (Unpublished, 2005)
- Footnote: Avery, John H., A Fragmentary Genealogical Record of The Descendants of Myer Avery and his son Peter Avery (Privately published, 1914)
- Footnote: Axtell, Carson A., Axtell Genealogy (The Darwin Press, New Bedford, MA, 1945)
Return to Bibliography Index
Return to Table of Contents